Helpful Tips To Control Fruit Flies In Commercial Kitchens
Matthew S. Hess
What Causes Fruit Flies?
Many Fresh Food Contain Fruit Fly Larva
Poor Sanitation Aids Infestations
Proper Cleaning is Necessary
Remember… We Said PROPER Cleaning!
Honest, Good Work Should Make You Proud!
Bio Cleaning Products Are a Helpful Tip to Control Fruit Flies in a Commercial Kitchen
Good Storage Practices Are a Must
Here are a few helpful tips to control fruit flies in commercial kitchens, just for you:
What YOU can do:
- Don’t neglect soda fountains! They need attention, maintenance and regular cleaning even if Pepsi or Coke say otherwise!
- Inspect dish-pit area daily. Avoid prolonged standing water.
- Inspect fruits and vegetables. If you find any bruised, spotted or soft, among the good ones, remember what momma always said about one bad apple ruining the whole bunch!
- Remove any fruits and vegetables showing signs of fruit fly activity. This is crucial.
- Remove garbage, EVEN IN GARBAGE CANS every single day, at least once.
- Supply garbage cans with lids to block fruit flies from accessing the garbage.
- Clean garbage and trash bins regularly. Use one of the Bio sprays after each cleaning. Spray them inside and out.
- Keep drains and sinks, cleaned, sanitized and bio-treated everyday.
- Don’t ignore food or drink spills. Clean them up immediately.
- Employ a great team-leader and give them the list of duties to delegate to the cleaning crew.
- What’s that? You don’t have a cleaning crew? Do you even run a commercial kitchen? Get a cleaning crew, even if it means utilizing your current staff!
- Inspect your crews efforts. Not once or twice a year, but daily if possible and weekly at the very least. If you don’t care, chance are, neither do they!
What you can HIRE Done:
- Have your pest company install Fly lights in key locations right away. This should have been in place long ago!
- Have a plumber check for plumbing issues annually.
- Have any water leaks fixed right away.
- Have clogged drains cleaned immediately.
Will All This Guarantee No Fruit Flies in My Commercial Kitchen?
There’s no real way to effectively guarantee that you’ll never have fruit flies in a working, commercial kitchen. However, you don’t have to keep them! Call the pros here at Four Seasons Pest Solutions. We make it our priority to protect your business from pests. Each pest program we offer is tailored to your specific needs. You’ll get a dedicated member of our crew as an initial inspector and program coordinator to show you exactly what your facility will need for perfect results. Then, a regular pest technician will be assigned to your account for ongoing services. Give us a call… you’ll be glad you did!